Lets talk about water and the importance of staying hydrated…
Water makes up 75% of the human body, so saying that its important is an understatement!
1) If you retain water then you need more water. It is your body’s way of asking you to hydrate it.
2) Your kidneys thrive off water. When you do not hydrate your kidneys then the liver goes into hero mode and does the work of the kidneys. When the liver is working for the kidneys then the liver is not metabolizing fat so then your fat hangs out longer on and in you.
3) Drinking water before a meal will help you feel fuller so you do not eat as much.
Here are a few tips:
1)When you feel hungry try and drink a large glass of water. Many times you are not hungry, you are thirsty.
2)If you drink a diuretic (coffee, tea, booze) then you need an extra glass of water
3) You need to drink half of your body weight in water. So if you weight 200 pounds then you need 100 ounces of water.
4) Start writing down how much water you drink a day, use a phone app, the notepads, a notebook, whatever works for you.
A great read about your body’s need for water and how it can help with illnesses, weight loss, and overall health is “Your bodies many cries for water”. This is such a great book that will open your eyes to the importance of water. If you are skeptical whatsoever about the benefits of water then give it a read!