What is Lingual-Neuro Testing and how do I use it?
Lingual-Neuro Testing (LNT) is a valuable biofeedback tool that enables me
to determine the usefulness of a nutritional supplement before it is dispensed to the patient.
LNT accesses the body’s innate ability to discriminate between what it needs, and what it does not
need, in order to correct a specific problem–a weak organ or a nutritional deficiency, for
example. This simple and effective technique makes the difference between a generic nutritional
therapy plan and a personalized one.
The phenomenon that is observed with LNT represents:
• The existence of physiologic indicators, like the heart rate, that reflect specific body
functions and their relative health.
• The powerful connection between the sensory function of mouth and the brain or central nervous system (CNS).
• The ability of the CNS to recognize the value of what is in the mouth (i.e. a nutritional supplement)
• The tendency of the CNS to immediately change a physiologic indicator in response and
proportional to the recognized value of a particular nutrient.
There are three fundamental questions the practitioner needs to address with each client to
provide effective nutritional therapy:
• Is there a functional deficiency?
• What particular nutrient will work for that client?
• When is the client sufficient?
LNT enables me, once an assessment is complete, to address these questions by
measuring the client’s response to therapy options that other people with a similar condition
have benefited from. By personalizing an otherwise generic “cookie cutter” approach to
healthcare, LNT can improve patient outcomes and reduce the possibility of uncomfortable side